Saturday, January 8, 2011

New Year, New Blog, First Post

"There are years that ask questions and years that answer." Zora Neale Hurston
I, personally, am counting on 2011 to answer.

Yesterday, my friend Sue Muldoon bought me the first answer: how to blog.  
I don't know much yet, but I am putting a blogger's toe in the water anyhow because Sue wants to show a beginner example at her workshop tomorrow.  She spent a patient afternoon yesterday teaching this beginner how to begin. 
Sue is the type of person who quietly gives, a lot, and when you feel a little wobbly, she will spot you so you don't fall, or if you do, it won't hurt as much.  She is a person I would not want to let down. 
So... I blog!
Good Morning from Bailey Farm,
The Labs make sure you are up early.  
Which is perfect; you shouldn't miss sunrise.  
The storm brought us sweet little blanket of snow.
1-8-11-4


The clouds are breaking just as the sun rises...

1-8-11-2

1-8-11-5



I don't know much about taking photos, either. 
I try to repeat what has turned out well and avoid what has gone badly. 


I ask myself what Liss Flint would see, through her lens. 
Liss would see this reflection, I think:


1-8-11-1


Perhaps this is the only bit of blue sky we will see today? 
But it matters not...

1-8-11-3

Inside, the house is warm.
Coffee's on and Almond-Banana-Chocolate Chip pound cake is in the oven.

And there is a blog to write... my first.

13 comments:

  1. Amazing! Stunning! Such a wonderful treat to look into your world at Bailey Farms. I enjoyed my afternoon there, and I am thrilled to see these great photos and writing today. You made my day!

    Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging...guess what I'm working on right now.

    See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to reading more about the world you are creating in the little corner of the Territories overlooking Ayer's Gap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos! Congrats on your first blog....very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Winter! I love it! It is inspiring, intelligent, and beautiful. It is you! Can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wonderful - and I'm just a bit envious of Sue and you getting an afternoon together. She is a wonderful person - giving so much of herself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures in your part of the state. Always LOVE seeing your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing your gorgeous photos! I have the feeling you will inspire us over and over again. :) Looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your photos are absolutely amazing!! And you are just a stones throw away from where I live here in Lisbon! I look forward to many more wonderful photos and stories!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know plenty about photography. All you have to do is follow your heart. I will look forward to reading this. *hits subscribe button*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Winter, your blog is wonderful! You are as good a student as you are a teacher. Years ago when you told me that you were in the process of buying Bailey Farm I was secretly cheering for you that the sale would go through. We often hike at Ayers Gap and love descending at the end of the hike in such a magical spot. You have succeeded in creating the magic that the farm deserves - it is picture perfect and you capture it well. Well done, and thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are off and running again my very talented daughter! The photos are spectacular. The "farm" a very magical place!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Winter, you are so talented! Your pictures capture the beauty of the world around you. Looking forward to hearing more about your magical corner of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have just bookmarked your photos to show my daughter who is seventeen and dreams of having a little cottage in the country one day. Your photos are so inspiring, so too your comments. I discovered the wonderful Sleepy Moon soaps this summer and am spreading the word.
    By the way, you mention a delectable sounding Almond Banana Chocolate Chip Pound Cake - if only I could find the recipe......

    ReplyDelete